Nothing says, “Happy Valentine’s Day” like a beautiful smile
So, what’s in a smile?
Turns out, a lot!
In fact, smiling not only looks good to others but it makes you feel good and can actually boost your self-esteem.
Studies show that a smile works wonders…
- It makes you more approachable to those around you. When you smile, you’ll find that others will want to talk to you more often, and there will be fewer people shying away when you’re speaking.
- It helps you create and maintain better relationships. Just by the simple act of smiling, you’re able to make others feel more comfortable and more apt to hold conversations with you.
- It improves your mood. The act of smiling releases endorphins, which tends to feel good.
- It makes those around you happier. The phrase “smiling is contagious” isn’t just a saying; it’s true! When you smile, others will want to react and return the smile.
- It can give you a more youthful appearance. People usually judge a smiling face as appearing younger than it is, so if your expression is neutral or frowning, you may look older.
How can you improve your smile?
Simple. Just start by making and keeping your regular dental appointments… and if you are self-conscious about any part of your smile, talk to the pros at Longmeadow Family Dental Care and let us advise you on how to make the most of every smile. We can help with solutions such as bleaching/whitening, cosmetic contouring, dentures, implants, retainers, and veneers.
Then show the world those pearly whites!