Our glossary features any dental term you need to know, from A to Z. Still confused about something? Give us a call — we’re happy to help.
- Health Insurance Portability And Accountability Act (HIPAA) Of 1966A federal law that includes Administrative Simplification Provisions that require all health plans, including ERISA, as well as health care clearinghouses and any dentist who transmits health information in an electronic transaction, to use a standard format. The HIPAA standard electronic(...)
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO)A legal entity that accepts responsibility and financial risk for providing specified services to a defined population during a defined period of time at a fixed price. An organized system of health care delivery that provides comprehensive care to enrollees through designated providers.(...)
- Healthcare Provider TaxonomyThe code that identifies the type of health care provider involved in furnishing services to beneficiaries.
- HemisectionSurgical separation of a multi-rooted tooth.
- High Noble AlloysNoble Metal Content > 60% (gold + platinum group*) and gold > 40% Au)
- HistopathologyThe study of disease processes at the cellular level.
- Hold Harmless Clause
- HomologousSee graft.
- HyperplasticPertaining to an abnormal increase in the number of cells in an organ or a tissue with consequent enlargement.