Our glossary features any dental term you need to know, from A to Z. Still confused about something? Give us a call — we’re happy to help.
- LabialPertaining to or around the lip. See facial.
- Laminate VeneerA thin covering of the facial surface of a tooth usually constructed of tooth colored material used to restore discolored, damaged, misshapen or misaligned teeth.
- Least Expensive Alternative Treatment (LEAT)
- LesionAn injury or wound area of diseased tissue.
- LiabilityAn obligation to pay an amount in money, goods, or services to another party.
- Line AngleAn angle formed by the junction of two planes; used to designate the junction of two surfaces of a tooth, or of two walls of a tooth cavity preparation.
- LingualPertaining to or around the tongue surface of the tooth directed toward the tongue opposite of facial.
- Local Anesthesiathe elimination of sensation, especially pain, in one part of the body by the topical application or regional injection of a drug.
- LocusA site or location.