Our glossary features any dental term you need to know, from A to Z. Still confused about something? Give us a call — we’re happy to help.
- Waiting Period The period between employment or enrollment in a dental program and the date when a covered person becomes eligible for a given benefit.
- Wax PatternA wax form that is the positive likeness of an object to be fabricated.
- Worker's CompensationA benefit paid to an employee who suffers a work-related injury or illness.
- XerostomiaDecreased salivary secretion that produces a dry and sometimes burning sensation of the oral mucosa and/or cervical caries.
- YeastA general term for a fungus occurring as a . unicellular, nucleated organism that usually reproduces by budding. Some yeasts may reproduce by fission, many producing mycelia or pseudomycelia.
- Zygomatic BoneQuadrangular bone on either side of face that forms the cheek prominence. See malar.