Our glossary features any dental term you need to know, from A to Z. Still confused about something? Give us a call — we’re happy to help.
- Gate Keeper System
- General Anesthesiaa drug-induced loss of consciousness during which patients are not arousable, even by painful stimulation. The ability to independently maintain ventilatory function is often impaired. Patients often require assistance in maintaining a patent airway, and positive pressure ventilation may be(...)
- Genetic TestLaboratory technique used to determine if a person has a genetic condition or disease or is likely to get the disease.
- GingivaSoft tissues overlying the crowns of unerupted teeth and encircling the necks of those that have erupted.
- GingivitisInflammation of gingival tissue without loss of connective tissue.
- GingivoplastySurgical procedure to reshape gingiva.
- Glass IonomerPolyelectrolyte cement in which the solid powder phase is a fluoride-containing aluminosilicate glass powder to be mixed with polymeric carboxylic acid. The cement can be used to restore teeth, fill pits and fissures, lute and line cavities. It is also known as glass polyalkenoate cement,(...)
- Gold FoilThin pure gold leaf that is self adhering when condensed into a cavity. One of the oldest restorative techniques, it is compacted or condensed into a retentive cavity form.
- GraftA piece of tissue or alloplastic material placed in contact with tissue to repair a defect or supplement a deficiency.
- Guided Tissue Regeneration (GTR)A surgical procedure that uses a barrier membrane placed under the gingival tissue and over the remaining bone support to enhance regeneration of new bone.