Our glossary features any dental term you need to know, from A to Z. Still confused about something? Give us a call — we’re happy to help.
- National Association Of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)Professional or trade association for state departments of insurance (http://www.naic.org).
- National Provider Identified (NPI)This is an identifier assigned by the federal government to all providers considered to be HIPAA covered entities. Dentists who are not covered entities may elect to obtain an NPI at their discretion, or may be enumerated if required by a participating provider agreement with a third-party(...)
- Necessary Treatment
- Noble AlloysNoble Metal Content > 25% (gold + platinum group*).
- Non-AutogenousA graft from donor other than patient.
- Nonduplication Of BenefitsTerm used to describe one of the ways the secondary carrier may calculate its portion of the payment if a patient is covered by two benefit plans. The secondary carrier calculates what it would have paid if it were the primary plan and subtracts what the other plan paid. For example, if the(...)
- Nonparticipating Dentist